Open Position: Graphic Designer
The Parable Group is looking for a Graphic Designer, with photography experience, to create and deliver highly professional design work in a fast-paced marketing agency. Our ideal candidate is both creative and tech savvy. This self-starter should be able to take initiative in thinking through design project workflow. This person should be able to move from project to project quickly and work productively within a deadline-driven environment. This person will be a valued member of the creative/design team and enjoy contributing to collaborative marketing efforts.
- Designs a variety of digital and print projects, such as: catalogs, emails, online display ads, merchandising POP kits, print pieces, marketing materials and other creative projects (as assigned)
- Serves as the in-house photographer taking all the product and lifestyle shots needed for various promotions
- Manages and maintains the photography studio and equipment
- Manages and maintains RAW files – retouching and compositing photographs
- Offers hands-on and verbal input on creative projects
- Participates in creative brainstorming sessions and design concepting
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in graphic design with a solid grasp of typography and layout design
- Solid working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and practical knowledge of the Adobe suite
- Professional awareness and practice of photo industry standards with ability to use artificial lighting, in the studio and on location, to convey the look and feel of each promotion
- Ability to collaborate with a team as well as work individually
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Bachelors Degree in Art and Design or Graphic Communication preferred
- Experience designing for the web and a knowledge of After Effects, HTML and CSS is highly desirable
We offer a great benefits package and company culture, including medical & dental benefits, 401K, paid vacation time off. No phone calls please.
This full-time role will be based out of The Parable Group’s San Luis Obispo office. Please submit your resume and portfolio to Gail Westberg at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.