The Parable Group is looking for an organized Staff Accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant position will work closely with our other financial operations personnel and handle day-to-day bookkeeping. We’re looking for a passionate individual to join our organization and provide ongoing improvements to our record keeping and more insights to our day to day financials.
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities, skills, and experience:
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts, coordination and completion of annual audits, and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
- Complete closing of the books and prepare financial statements monthly
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management
- Manage general ledger, accruals, and reconcile across business units
- Manage depreciation and amortization schedules
- Manage expense report process and monthly internal expense and margin audit.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Implement and manage accounting operations, systems access and process controls
- Oversee taxes and abide by federal regulations
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years corporate finance or accounting experience
- Expertise with QuickBooks, Intacct, Sage, Netsuite or similar accounting software
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Project & task management – strong ability to prioritize a variety of projects and tasks
- Good communicator – ability to engage with customers, many of whom are independent retail business owners and managers
- Attention to detail – appreciation for detail and precision in work activities
- Additional experience in Audit and International accounting a plus
- CPA certification preferred
This is a part-time role requiring 20-25 hours per week. Compensation DOE.
This part-time role will be based out of The Parable Group’s San Luis Obispo office. Please submit your resume to Greg Squires by email to email@example.com to apply for this position.
The Parable Group is a privately-owned multi-service Christian marketing agency based in San Luis Obispo, CA. Since 1985, we’ve served over 1,000 Christian brands; including retailers, publishers, churches, non-profits, film studios and more. Today, we pair decades of Christian consumer data with proven business practices, cutting-edge digital technologies, and thoughtful design to drive measurable results for those we serve. For more information visit www.parablegroup.com.