The Parable Group is looking for a Data Analyst Intern to join its Business Intelligence team. This team is responsible for managing large retail, product and customer data sets that need ongoing management, integration maintenance, and enrichment. The data comes primarily from independent retailer POS (point of sale) systems with nightly updates to transaction, customer, and inventory files.
The ideal candidate will have the following responsibilities, skills, and experience:
- Support members of the Business Intelligence team with strategic projects and goals
- Complete research projects as assigned, which will include web-based vendor research, phone calls with clients and partners and online surveys.
- Contact and follow up with independent retail store managers regarding their data feeds
- Regular monitoring of retail data feeds and issue resolution
- Assessment and evaluation of retail store data feed accuracy, freshness, and anomalies
- Make recommendations by phone or email to retailers and data providers for improving their data quality
Desired Skills and Experience
- Project & task management – strong ability to prioritize a variety of projects and tasks
- Good communicator – ability to engage with customers, many of whom are independent retail business owners and managers
- Attention to detail – appreciation for detail and precision in work activities
- Excellent spreadsheet skills – ability to manipulate and manage data sets in Excel spreadsheets
- Critical Thinking – ability to learn how to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Actively pursuing or already obtained degree in Business or Engineering fields
This paid internship is expected to require 10-20 hours per week from January to June 2019, at $15/hr.
A full-time employment offer may be extended to qualified candidates.
This part-time role will be based out of The Parable Group’s San Luis Obispo office. Please submit your resume to Erik Ernstrom at email@example.com to apply for this position.
The Parable Group is a privately-owned multi-service Christian marketing agency based in San Luis Obispo, CA. Since 1985, we’ve served over 1,000 Christian brands; including retailers, publishers, churches, non-profits, film studios and more. Today, we pair decades of Christian consumer data with proven business practices, cutting-edge digital technologies, and thoughtful design to drive measurable results for those we serve. For more information visit www.parablegroup.com.