As you may know, we’ve spent the last 10-12 months working on the web-based Get It Local. Today! program alongside the folks at Covenant Group. Together we’ve been enrolling retail store participants, listening to publisher feedback, and tweaking the platform in response. We’re delighted to announce that Get It Local. Today! is going live on September 1st.
The platform offers shoppers receiving promotional emails from publishers, or shopping on publisher websites, the option of buying products at local Christian stores as an alternative to Amazon and big-box retailers.
Thank you for your interest, encouragement and support of this initiative through our development stage. Hundreds of retailers have signed up for the program—and virtually every publisher we have spoken with has been overwhelmingly supportive and excited about it.
Since this platform represents a true nationwide and industry-wide store network, here’s what we’re asking publishers to do as they support the program:
- Feature the Get It Local. Today! buy link on all consumer-facing websites on which they offer retailer (online or brick & mortar) buy links.
- TOP (or priority) placement above other retail entities since our link features a nationwide network of retailers, not a single retail operation.
- Include one of our Get It Local. Today! buy links in as many of the following promotional placements as possible:
- Consumer e-blasts
- Websites of authors they publish with
- Blogs and social media promotions
- Print ads
- Encourage their authors to reference “GetItLocalToday.com” in media interviews
- Feature Get It Local. Today! in any consumer-facing print ads where they normally feature retailer logos, and also that they encourage their publicists and authors to reference “GetItLocalToday.com” in any media interviews they conduct.
This initiative is all about helping those interested in Christian publications find them in the most complete and helpful sources available in their immediate area.
If you’re not already signed up for Get It Local. Today!, it’s not too late—plus, it’s free! It only takes about five minutes to give permission for your store to be listed and set up for data reporting to let customers know the product is in stock at your store.
Sign up now at: